Often surreal and otherworldly, Nowicki’s watercolors and collages are inspired by the effect of time on memory, and its ability to obscure certain details whilst revealing and even constructing others. The merging of the past and present, the real and the imagined are recurring themes that are explored through his use of personal symbolism.
Born in 1981 in Kielce in Poland, before moving to South Africa in 1989, Andrezj Nowicki completed his Masters degree at the Michaelis School of Fine Art in 2008 and has subsequently held two highly successful solo exhibitions at Whatiftheworld. He has participated in numerous group exhibitions abroad and is currently based in Melbourne Australia. The exhibition will run until 08 October, 2011.
Venue: Whatiftheworld Gallery, Argyle St, Woodstock. Tel: (021) 802 3111
Gallery Hours: Tues - Fri: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Sat: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- 13/02/2012 10:52 - Cape Town to host Sustainable Design Showcase 2012
- 17/01/2012 21:09 - The Effect, an Exhibition by Ghia Human
- 17/01/2012 15:06 - Overlay, a solo exibition by Esther Mahlangu
- 10/12/2011 12:02 - Rose Korber's 20th Annual Art Salon
- 21/09/2011 19:56 - "The Language of Colour" by Cynthia Villet