The three day outdoor music festival takes place at the Contermanskloof Wine Farm from 15 - 17 March.
Tea party fans’ are bound by a common love of music, devoted to merriment and internal reflection. The hypnotic three-day outdoor festival will be jam-packed with art, music, dance, madness and the greatest of what the Flamjangled Tea Party has to offer.
Tea Party festival-goers are encouraged to showcase their eccentricity through philosophies, clothing, sculptures, over the top theatrics and whatever else tickles their fancy.
The rolling fields of Contermanskloof Wine Farm, only 25km's from Cape Town, offers plenty of space for camping, a stunning dam for dipping, a fine selection of food stalls, bars, ice tea, multiple entertainment zones and too much more then can mentioned here.
The line-up of melody makers and performers include:
7th Son, Machineri, Gazelle, Trenton & the Free Radicals, Al Bairre, Derek Gripper, Bateleur, The Dollfins, Kongo Electro, Soul Housing Project, Crimson House Blues, Christian Tiger School, Manouche, Ann Jangle, The Time Flies, James Copeland, DJ Invizable, Rumspringer, The Elastic Brass Band, Goodly Creature, A Kettle Called Black, Dusty
Fletcher, Croc E Moses, Bam Beano, Moody Bloom, Lt Fizzer, The Great Veroni, Mikey Dredd, Toby No Show, Spekta, Izzey Groovy
- The Hill-Billy Tea Dance
- Barn Dancing Madness at 7pm on Saturday night with Caroline Blundell
- The Tea Garden opens Saturday 10am -1am and Sunday from 10am - 5pm, with bands and tip top shenanigans.
- Friday night is 'Black n White' with classic silent movies brought to life by soundtracks provided by infamous DJs. An intimate evening with friends by the Little Market Stage before the weekend steps even further into slower gears.
- Saturday late night venues include The Living Room, a playground of oddball dance beats, and The Miniscule of Of Sound (The best tiny Rave in Africa), The Out of Site Cafe and other surprises!
- The Little Market Theatre Stage, with daytime beats, side show antics, and off the cuff performances.
- The Tiny Tea Makers Tent, with Art, Workshops, Games, Yoga, Fun and Dreamweaver Jungle Gym for the kids.
One price covers arrival on Friday or Saturday, so try get there early for extra ‘Jangling’ the whole weekend long.
Full Weekend Tickets: Adults: Presale @ Outlets: R350, Presale @ Webtickets: R360, Gate: R400 Full Weekend (Fri or Sat arrival)
Sunday Gate Ticket: R200 (From 9am) - Still a full day of music and antics.
Under 13: R20 at the Gate
13 and up = adult pricing
(All Minors are to be accompanied by their legal guardian).
Journey – 186 Long St. - 021 424 5209
Ashanti lodge - Hof St., Gardens - 021 424 4016
Gypsy – Kalk Bay - 021 788 6802
Gypsy – Stellenbosch - 021 886 7157
Ta Da – The Boardroom, Hout Bay – 021 790 8132
Long St. – V & A Waterfront - 021 418 6540
Hello Sailer Bistro - 86 Lower Main Road, Observatory – 021 447 0707
Angies Attic – 15 Arthurs Rd. – 021 434 3933 (10% off purchase of outfit)
Zebra Trading – Cnr Wellington/Chenoweth Rd., Durbanville – 021 976 2604
Annies Wardrobe – 33 Salt River Rd. - 021 447 4050 (15% discount off costume hire)
Ska – The Link, Claremont – 021 671 1367
- 09/04/2013 15:53 - Constantia FamFest