In March 2012, the Eco Design Initiative’s second annual Sustainable Design Showcase will take place at the Cape Town City Hall.
The interactive exhibition will be open to the public at no charge between 09:00 - 18:00 from 7 - 10 March, and again from 12 - 16 March. Interactive sessions on the role of design in achieving environmental, social and economic sustainability will be hosted by local and international guest speakers during the first week between 09:00 and 11:30. A selection of sustainable designs that have a positive impact on social and environmental challenges in our societies will also be on display.
The Showcase will offer visitors an opportunity to view concepts and prototypes submitted by the ‘Fresh Talent’ finalists in the Eco Design Competition for South Africans under the age of 35. The winner of the competition will be announced on 16 March. Residents and visitors to Cape Town are encouraged to attend the event to better understand how South Africa and Scandinavia are merging sustainability with design. For more information on the Eco Design Initiative as well as the Sustainable Design Showcase 2012 please visit www.nokak.com.
- 08/07/2012 10:00 - Encounters at the Edge - An Exhibition by David Lurie
- 05/07/2012 17:32 - Encounters at the Edge - An Exhibition by David Lurie
- 09/04/2012 20:47 - "Didn't Want to be your Ghost" by Natasja Maria Fourie
- 19/02/2012 11:36 - The Raging Storm - The Album Art of Storm Thorgerson
- 19/02/2012 11:04 - Good Night at the Barnard Gallery