Gravitating towards content that scrutinizes the complexities of companionship, intimacy and the vulnerability of the human body, Fourieís images capture how we share our thoughts, feelings, lives and bodies. Fourie and her subjects are at times perfumed with a spray of sentiment, emotion, fantasy, and in other instances they are stripped raw, reflecting realties of decay, mortality and ruin.
"Didn't Want to be your Ghost" is a brave exhibition that exposes the photographer to the voyeurs gaze; itís a poetic self portrait of a young woman exploring her reality.
The exhibition opens at the AVA in Church St on 7 May and closes at 13:00 on 1 June 2012
- 23/07/2012 17:22 - Africa without Borders by Adolf Tega
- 12/07/2012 18:14 - Reflection: (Strips) at blank projects
- 12/07/2012 16:07 - Happily Never After at the AVA
- 08/07/2012 10:00 - Encounters at the Edge - An Exhibition by David Lurie
- 05/07/2012 17:32 - Encounters at the Edge - An Exhibition by David Lurie