Their programme includes Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana, Walpurgis Night. the one-act ballet from the opera Faust by Charles Gounod, Adagio from the ballet Scheherezade by Rimsky-Korsakov, the Grand pas de deux from the ballet Don Quixote by Ludwig Minkus and the finally the Can-Can Surprise by Jacques Offenbach.
The Imperial Russian Ballet Company was founded in 1994 on the initiative of legendary Russian ballerina Maija Plisetzkaya. Their repertoire consists of a number of outstanding full-length classical masterpieces, as well as some modern choreography in some of their works.
Under the direction of innovative Artistic Director, Gediminas Taranda, this production ought not to be missed!
Only six performances will be performed at the Baxter Theatre in Cape Town. Ticket prices range from R130 to R250 and can be booked at Computicket on 0861 915 8000 or at any Shoprite Checkers outlet.
The company will also perform at:
- 23 June - Bloemfontein Sand Du Plessis Theatre
- 26, 27 June – Durban Playhouse Opera
- 29 June – East London Guild Theatre
- 30 June, 1 July – Port Elizabeth Opera House
- 4 – 8 July – Cape Town Baxter Theatre
- 11 – 15 July – JoBurg Theatre
- 12/07/2012 14:18 - Shout! The Mod Musical
- 11/07/2012 18:20 - Review of Blue Iris at the Fugard Theatre
- 09/07/2012 09:30 - Burn The Floor at Artscape
- 05/07/2012 15:53 - New Fugard Play for Cape Town Audiences
- 05/07/2012 09:00 - "Just Business" is Just the Right Show for a Great Laugh