Who can forget the days of footloose and fancy free dance movies from the 1970s and 1980s, watched time and again by generations to come?
Who can forget Danny and Sandy falling in love in Grease, Fame’s trials and tribulations of students at the New York City High school for the Performing Arts, or Johnny declaring in Dirty Dancing that “Nobody puts Baby in a corner”, in all these classic dance movies which inspired hundreds of ordinary people to take up dancing. What A Feeling brings you a celebration of the golden era of dance movies, with a cast of six top dancers – Clellind Fivaz, Rory Marais, Nicole Pitt, Michelle le Trobe, Stephen Jubber and Lee Piedt – paying tribute to classic and well-loved movies such as Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Flash Dance, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Fame and White Nights in energetic dance moves guaranteed to make you jive in your seat.
Adding their voices to the electric performance taking place on the boards are Riyaan Cornelius and Nadine Sisam.
What A Feeling Runs at the Roxy Revue Bar Wednesdays to Saturdays at 8:00pm until the 11th of August. Tickets cost R78.
- 07/08/2012 18:22 - Stargaze: 21st Anniversary Gala & Tribute
- 23/07/2012 17:02 - National Ballet of Cuba to perform in Cape Town
- 20/07/2012 11:51 - The Dark Knight Rises Reviewed
- 19/07/2012 12:07 - Cabaret the Musical at Theatre on the Bay
- 19/07/2012 08:34 - Review of Just Business at Artscape